Preschool: Please see Preschool Handbook
Girls: Kindergarten through Second Grade
Plaid uniform jumper (not skirts) in the St. Edward’s color code from Schoolbelles (school code S1145) in several different styles.
Schoolbelles’ website: www.schoolbelles.com
Girls Third-Fifth Grade
Plaid jumper (several styles), plaid skirt or skort only from Schoolbelles
Dress Code: Boys and Girls Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
- Shirt/blouses are to be white or navy blue, button down dress shirts, long or short sleeve. Students may also wear white or navy blue turtlenecks and polo shirts, which must be tucked in. Collared shirts or turtlenecks must be worn under sweaters or St. Edward sweatshirts.
- Pants/slacks are to be solid navy blue and full-length, this includes corduroys. (No sweatpants, leggings, cargo pants, or cotton knit pants) If belts are worn, they must be solid color black, brown, or blue.
- Sweaters are to be solid navy blue or white, knitted cardigan, pullover, or vest style. No monograms. Sweaters should end above the hip line.
- Socks are to be solid navy blue, white, gray, or black. Girls may wear leggings or tights under their uniforms, but not as uniform pants. These must be solid black, navy, gray, or white. Socks must be worn with pants. Low-style athletic socks may not be worn.
- Jewelry: Boys may wear a single chain, but no earrings. Girls may wear a small single necklace or bracelet and pierced earrings. Earrings must be small, appropriate and not dangling.
- Shoes: brown, navy or black dress shoes or athletic shoes but they must be a solid color (Nothing with color on them)
NO WHEELIES, LIGHT UPS, SHOES THAT PLAY MUSIC, OR HEELS at any time.
Tennis shoes must be worn for gym class. These can be left in the classroom.
- Uniform shorts may be substituted for the jumper and slacks during the months of August, September, May, and June. (Fingertip length)
- It is a good idea to have the girls wear shorts or bike short under their uniforms jumpers and skirts, if they are not wearing tights or leggings.
- Students are always to try and be neat, clean, and appropriately attired as well as modestly dressed.
- Socks must always be worn.
- If a sweater is worn over a blouse or shirt, the collar must always be visible.
- No extreme hairstyles or colors will be allowed. There should be no long hair on boys. Boys’ hair should not exceed the collar length, mid forehead, or be below the ears. Hairstyles should be neat. If you are unsure what will be acceptable, please check with the principal before getting a haircut.
- A “Free Dress Day” will be held on the last school day of each month. On this day, students may wear appropriate clothes of their choice.
- No items of clothing (T-shirts) will make reference to drugs, alcohol, or other unacceptable behaviors.
- No make-up, fingernail polish, or tattoos at any time.
- On gym days, students will be allowed to wear plain/solid navy sweatpants and a plain navy sweatshirt, t-shirt, or our logo wear.
- No hats indoors.
- On non-uniform days- only fingertip length shorts are acceptable. Spandex shorts, midriff tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, or spaghetti strap tops are not acceptable.
- Children may wear Logo t-shirts for gym class. They may also wear Logo sweatshirts with the uniform shirt underneath.
Enforcement of the Dress Code: If the student comes to school improperly dressed, the following will occur: a call home to bring different clothing, or we will try to provide appropriate attire for the day.